how you can help
Most of us feel the suffering of others. Whether it be a companion animal, or a loved one, in an accident we would rush to give help and comfort. So imagine a dolphin suffocating on a plastic bag out in the ocean, terrified and in agony. With no one to help. know more how plastic affects your health
Why should I care about an animal choking on plastic in an ocean halfway around the world? Even if you see little connection between that poor dolphin and you, all our actions are connected and lead back to us. Even if you cannot empathise with his suffering, you should be aware that the plastic he has ingested eventually ends up in our food chain: did you know that there is plastic in almost every food source from the land and the seas? And that we ingest a little bit of plastic almost every time we have a meal?
Single-use plastic is the main source of this contamination, and it affects almost everything in the cycle of life. Plastic bottles, shopping bags, wrapping, cutlery, and all sorts of “convenience” items that we throw away after a single use, end up in the water and on the land, killing our fellow living beings by suffocating them horribly,
Unless we all do the right thing now. Can you truly say, I did the right thing?
Malaysia (alone) consumes 11 million single-use plastic bottles a month. Each month. Every month. We are only one of many countries on this planet. And we are a relatively small consumer of these products. But as we said before, all our actions eventually lead back to us, and they are connected – no matter how far apart we sometimes feel from each other.
So here is how you can help and immediately: -
Touch the hearts of those around you by showing how much suffering to wildlife single-use plastic causes.
Malaysians are hospitable and caring. The average Malaysian would be horrified to learn how much misery and death single-use plastic waste causes as a result of not throwing it in the proper bin and recycling it. Litter would be dramatically reduced in our beautiful country with increased awareness of this. And the animals in the forest and the fish in the sea would not have to be needlessly and cruelly choked to death.
know more about our CSR programs
- Share your commitment: we’re right behind you!
The Watertree Project has created some social media tools to help.
Share and tag #Ididtherightthing #thewatertreeproject
Share on Facebook and Tag on Instagram! Tag as many friends as you can and ask them to tag their friends and colleagues!
That’s the power of compound interest – the number of people doing the PLANET-SAFE thing for Malaysia increases exponentially when everyone does his/her part!
Stop the abuse of our environment and the tragic, senseless loss of our animal friends in the oceans and forests by spreading awareness of the dangers of single-use plastic and its toxic and lethal consequences. ·
- It's all about attitude... No, it really isn’t that hard to throw your waste into a bin, is it? And it really wouldn’t hurt to walk the extra distance to find a recycling bin. All that great exercise and you’ve made a material difference with your decision to do the PLANET-SAFE thing!
- Do you see someone else’s used bottle on the street? Pick it up and put it into the recycling bin!
But how’s one bottle going to help? Well, there are 32 million people in Malaysia – with everyone doing this, that makes 32 million fewer plastic containers in our streets, jungles, rivers and oceans each day! Imagine what we could achieve if everyone did their bit EVERYDAY!
- But even our elders forget this in an age of throw away convenience. So it doesn’t hurt to occasionally remind uncle or aunty to recycle and avoid single-use plastic, Uncle, next time a mountain view will be a mountain of plastic if you keep saying ‘Don’t worry lah, one plastic bag only 10 sen’.
- Report dumping to the police
When you see something, please DO something about it! Report illegal dumping.
Then send us a photo with your story! @thewatertreeproject
The WaterTreeProject would love to know what you did to stop pollution of our environment and tell your side in what you did.
Every PLANET-SAFE warrior deserves recognition.
- Ask your boss or if you are the boss, make it a company policy not to use single-use plastic. At meetings, your customers / clients will know you care.
- Join our beach clean up programs
Meet like-minded people on our clean-up programs. Forge long-lasting bonds with committed, other PLANET-SAFE WARRIORS who choose to TAKE ACTION and make Malaysia a better place.
The WaterTreeProject is proud to provide drinks (in our Planet-Safe Watertree pods of course) at every event.